Sunday, January 5, 2014

Workshop Floors Project

So first off in decorating my new building is the floors. My floors are a sub flooring, plywood. I can choose to lay linoleum, vinyl, laminate, hardwood, or whatever but I'm really interested in this cheap effective beautiful painted/stenciled way I have been recently researching so here goes. Hope all goes well. I'm going to try to post nightly updates as I finish each night. It goes in steps & you have to wait for each step to either bond or dry so it'll be over the week. So here goes...

I should start by saying I'm not a professional, I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm always willing to try new things in hopes they work out & leave you with an idea for decorating of your own. 

I purchased all of my materials at Lowe's.  Below is a picture of materials needed for this project. If I run across more materials needed I shall too let you know.






First off clean your plywood free of dust, dirt, pieces of recent construction, etc. By doing so I started off sweeping & then decided to heck with that & ended it with vacuuming REALLY REALLY GOOD!!! 


I'm done vacuuming so now begins the 2nd step of filling in any gaps in the plywood, nail holes etc.

I will be using a Wood Filler & spatula as shown below to do so. 


What I'm filling in are gaps & separations such as these. 



A little energy coffee drink to get me through lol hopefully


Let the filling begin, the hubs called in that dinner was ready & afterwards he even came & helped. 


Couple hours later...finally finished filling







Off to bed until tomorrow...goodnight!! 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment