Monday, July 7, 2014

Master Bathroom (toilet & bathtub area)

So my Master Bathroom (toilet & bathtub area) makeover consists of the following....

✔️- clean the entire bathroom
✔️- organize the cabinets
✔️- re-do shelf paper
✔️- caulk trim molding
✔️- paint the trim molding
✔️- paint the walls
✔️- paint the cabinets
✔️- new shower curtain
✔️- new bathtub rug
✔️- new wall decor
✔️- window treatment

As you see the ✔️ marked off that means it's been completed & I shall post pics soon with details. 

So I started with giving this room an overall scrub down! Cleaned everything to toe. Wipe down all base boards, shelves, trim, cabinets, tub, toilet...yuck! 

Next I caulked our trim molding. My husband cut & put this up uhh possibly a year or two ago. Lol yes it's been a work in progress for THAT long. Sad huh.

Okay so I caulked the trim with this. Purchased it at Lowe's. 


Next I painted the ceiling, trim & baseboards with an ultra white flat interior paint. This was also purchased at Lowe's. I used Valspar Ultra paint + primer. That's like the following below. 


Let the ceiling & trim paint dry for 24 hours at the very least. 

Next I taped off off my trim, base boards, bathtub tile & cabinets & painted my walls. I used an eggshell interior Valspar Signature paint + primer in the color PARK FOUNTAIN. Also purchased at Lowe's. Looks like the following below.


The color went perfectly with our tile in our shower/bathtub. It brightens the room & makes it look a lot bigger than the actual small space that it is. You can't quite put your finger on the color asking yourself is it taupe, gray, a brown, just what the heck is it. Whatever it is it goes great with EVERYTHING.


The shower curtain I purchased I had previously seen before but couldn't find. I did finally locate it on EBay thankfully. But it was originally WestElm.com, the Scribble Lattice white & gray shower curtain.


West Elm picture...


My bathroom...

Next is the rug that I also purchased at West Elm however it hasn't arrived yet. The Recycled Jersey Bath Mat. 20x34 in Slate for $29, I really wanted white but it's not too practical with a two year old.


7/25/14

Got all the decor up yesterday. Shade has been ordered & will ship July 30th. I can officially move on to the next room.


Pretty cute huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment